The rewilding childhood movement begins at home. Parents are at the front lines of reconnecting children with nature.
Today, I chat with wellness expert, mother, and author Heidi Barr about how she brings the magic of rewilding childhood to life in her home.
Heidi shares with us:
- what rewilding childhood means in modern parenting
- how she encourages outdoor time with her daughter
- what favorite nature-based activities 5 year old’s may enjoy
- how a rewilding family meets their community
- why simplicity is paramount for families
- the “real” value of nature connection
- how nature withdrawal affects humanity
Parent quotes for rewilding childhood:
- “let go of expectations”
- “it’s okay to get dirty”
- “remove yourself from the word more”
- “start with where you’re at!”
Check out Heidi’s work at:
- Heidi’s website: www.heidibarr.com
- Her (awesome!) book: Woodland Manitou: To Be On Earth (due out in book stores September 2017!)
- Check out Heidi’s online course for parents: Wild Child – Rewilding Childhood: A 6 week nature connection program for children and their caregivers.
Want to Learn How to Help Kids Heal from the Outside In?
Subscribe to get free tidbits about nature deficit disorder, the pediatric microbiome,
childhood toxicity, and nature-based medicine!